Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday, WoW


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Positive: A Memoir
An astonishing memoir for the untold number of children whose lives have been touched by bullying. Positive is a must-read for teens, their parents, educators, and administrators—a brave, visceral work that will save lives and resonate deeply.

Paige Rawl has been HIV positive since birth, but growing up, she never felt like her illness defined her. On an unremarkable day in middle school, she disclosed to a friend her HIV-positive status—and within hours the bullying began. From that moment forward, every day was like walking through a minefield. Paige was never sure when or from where the next text, taunt, or hateful message would come. Then one night, desperate for escape, fifteen-year-old Paige found herself in her bathroom staring at a bottle of sleeping pills.

That could have been the end of her story. Instead, it was only the beginning. Paige's memoir calls for readers to choose action over complacency, compassion over cruelty—and above all, to be Positive.

Includes twenty-five photos from Paige's personal collection throughout.


Releases: August 26th 2014 by HarperCollins 

What are you waiting on?

24 comments:

  1. That's new to me! Not really my kind of read but still hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's intriguing, I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get and enjoy Positive-the Memoir, Brandi! Sounds very heartfelt and I know you enjoy those :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a difficult read. I hope you'll enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this one yet. Bullying is always a difficult issue. I'm curious to see how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one before. Sounds like an emotional read. I hope you enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. How hateful and hurtful of a 'friend' to break a confidence like this, that instead of being supportive others felt the need to bully like this. Bad enough to ostracize someone for whatever their 'differences' but for it to result in it making someone consider taking their life? Paige sounds like a brave and inspirational young woman.


    http://pettywitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a cute book :D Hope you will love it sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds like a truly powerful read! Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not my type of read, but I have seen positive feedback for this one! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool pick. I like the concept of this one and that it focuses on some serious topics. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I generally don't read non-fiction but this does sounds like a good one..and an emotional one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had an ARC of this one but I gave it away. I don't normally read nonfiction, but I really am intrigued by the summary. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. This seems like an emotional read. I don't really read non-fictions. :/ Hope you enjoy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't really read non-fiction unless it's something I'm interested in, and people who are ignorant about HIV really piss me off, so the bullying part of this would really annoy me, and sounds really emotional. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the reminder! I have this one and need to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this sounds intense. I think this one would be very emotional. Hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, wow. This one does sound emotion! Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this sounds like a very strong and necessary story, Brandi! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard this was great! I'm excited to check it out.


    Great WOW

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... this sounds like a great read!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)