Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Split Second (Pivot Point #2)
Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too . . . but not without a price.

When Addie’s dad invites her to spend her winter break with him, she jumps at the chance to escape into the Norm world of Dallas, Texas. There she meets the handsome and achingly familiar Trevor. He’s a virtual stranger to her, so why does her heart do a funny flip every time she sees him? But after witnessing secrets that were supposed to stay hidden, Trevor quickly seems more suspicious of Addie than interested in her. And she has an inexplicable desire to change that.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories . . . once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.

As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot . . . and a future that could change everything.

Releases: February 11th 2014 by HarperTeen

What are you waiting on?

Follow on Bloglovin

34 comments:

  1. I have not read book one so this one will have to wait but I definitely like the sound of it and I'll get to it at some point. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, yes, I can't wait for this book. So excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Pivot Point but I have heard great things about it. I hope you'll get this one soon :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still need to read book 1 but it's waiting for me on my digital shelf. awesome pick :0

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I should really read Pivot Point. great pick!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read this series but hope you enjoy this one when you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Pivot Point yet but I loved her other book. I hope you'll get to pre-read this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read the first book. Awesome pick!

    Happy Wednesday :)

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-68-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I have heard great things about the first book. Great pick.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the first one, but that's great you liked it enough to want the second!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pick! I still need to read Pivot Point, but I've heard good things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I NEED this book! I loved Pivot Point so so much.

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I can't wait for Kasie's book. So excited - I loved Pivot Point!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I've seen this one around, and it does sound like a good series!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm this sequel is actually making me want to read the first on in the series!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book sounds so good! I really need to read PIVOT POINT though. I think I bought an ebook copy one day but just haven't had the time to read it. My review books are kind of piled up and I need to sift through those first.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Pivot Point, but haven't read it yet D: Hope you read and enjoy this one! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice pick! This goes on my TBR right away =) Thanks for sharing.
    Here is mine: http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.se/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-falling-by-ek-blair.html

    New GFC follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read book one yet; but think it sounds like an awesome series :) Great pick! Hope you'll love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. AHHH! You just reminded me that I still haven't read my ARC of Pivot Point! I have heard such great things about this series. I need to get on the stick!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved Pivot Point and can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard lots of good stuff about Pivot Point and intending to read it before the second book comes out. Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, this reminds me that I still need to read the first book! Pivot Point was so well reviewed - it sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh yes book 1 sounded really good, I hope it's the same for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. DAMMIT I need to read Pivot Point already! I loved The Distance Between Us, so another Kasie West book is a must

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have not heard of this one before- but boy does it sound awesome. Being able to slow down time sounds so cool- and I like the twists that seem to be prevalent in the book. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  28. That sounded interesting but a little confusing at first. Then I realized it's a book #2. lol

    I'll have to check out the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes, I'm SO excited for this one! I loved Pivot Point. Great WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I still haven't read book 1.... sigh. Great pick!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really enjoyed Pivot Point so I'm interested to see how this sequel turns out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)