Sunday, September 4, 2011

Review: Stay with Me by Paul Griffin

Stay with Me
Stay with Me by Paul Griffin
An urban romance that will capture your soul, break your heart, and restore your faith in the human spirit
Fifteen-year-olds Cece and Mack didn't expect to fall in love. She's a sensitive A student; he's a high school dropout. But soon they're spending every moment together, bonding over a rescued dog, telling their secrets, making plans for the future. Everything is perfect. Until. Until. Mack makes a horrible mistake, and in just a few minutes, the future they'd planned becomes impossible. In this stark new reality, both of them must find meaning and hope in the memories of what they had, to survive when the person they love can't stay.


From award-winning writer Paul Griffin, Stay with Me is both heartbreaking and uplifting, filled with characters (both dog and human) that will forever change the way you look at the world.
Publishes in US: Sept 8th 2011
Source: Librarything Early Reviewers
My Review:
  This is a very fast paced story that deals with tough but real life issues. It is gritty, and I recommend for mature teens. The characters are very believable, down to earth and authentic, and even though I didn't relate a whole lot with some of their circumstances, I really felt for them and wanted for them to come out on top.
   Tony and Vic are two of the minor characters who really got to me.. Their ability to see the best in people, work to bring it out, and selflessly give really impressed me and I loved seeing their hearts.
   The main characters Cece and Mack, true to the back cover's description are two very different people, and it is awesome how they see the best in the other and how they are able to connect on that real level. Because of this and the nature of teenage relationships, quickly formed and deeply felt, I am able to buy into the fast paced nature of their physical relationship as well as the attachments they feel.
   This book doesn't give the rosy happy ending... but it feels so authentic and heart-breaking while at the same time feeling the buds of hope for real change and possibilities for the characters makes it perfect and fitting.
I'd love to hear what you think of this book and/or my review.

1 comment:

  1. Well now you've got me wondering what pulls them apart (as I assume something must if it's not a shiny, happy ending).

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)