Friday, September 2, 2011

Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.
Published in US: Aug 23rd, 2011
1st in series but spin off to Vampire Academy. 2nd book The Golden Lily out Summer 2012
Source: bought

My Review:    This is very different from Vampire Academy, and that's good, and bad... Bad because I adore and miss Rose, and wish that I could've seen a bit more of her, and known what she's doing. The flip side of this is that if I would've gotten any more then I would have just wanted to be entrenched in her world.
   It's a good thing because the minor characters from VA really got to step up and we get to see a different side of things. Sydney is a different kind of character from Rose and that is refreshing... her voice and thought patterns are different, and it was neat to see a new perspective on a world that I love and never want to leave.
   Another wonderful thing about Bloodlines is: Adrian. He's still his same awesome snarky and unpredictable in that predictable way--and can still only be boiled down to... well, he's Adrian. We got to see advancement in his character, and more of the inner struggle and the hints of resolution. I just hope that he's strong enough that he doesn't wholly revert after what happens at the very end. I really fell for him in Spirit Bound, and even though after re-reading the first four, in addition to Last Sacrifice-it was really Rose and Dimitri's story and they belonged together, I really hope that he will get the fulfilment and happiness that he deserves.
   I can't wait for the next book, and I def recommend this one and will read the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I am so behind on this! I ordered my copy from Richelle's store and it hasn't arrived yet. Hoping it comes soon because I am DYING to read it! Have read so many reviews and I just hope it ships soon, but I know her baby just came last week and I didn't know if she had time to sign her Succubus books when they released or if its all been pushed back! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)