Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Review: Sliding on the Edge by LRC Featured Author C. Lee McKenzie

Sliding on the Edge
IF you review  Sliding on the Edge of The Princess of Las Pulgas you will get two extra entires in the prize pack. Don't know what LRC is? Learn more and sign up here . 




Review: Sliding on the Edge by C. Lee McKenzie


This is a young adult book that tackles the issues of cutting and suicide as it chronicles the journey of one girl destined to be a no one--that is until she finds a way to survive. 
Published in US: Apr 23rd 2009

**My Rating: 4/5**

*My Review*

    Shawna is a troubled girl who has had to build a tough exterior due to how she grew up. Her Mom left her to fend on her own a lot, but when her Mom clears out their apartment with her boyfriend, a note telling Shawna to go to her Grandmother's house, to a complete stranger.
    Under Kay (her Grandmother)'s love and structure, Shawna begins to open up. Kay runs a ranch with horses, who helps to open Shawna's heart as well. There is also a farm "hand" with personality and wise advice.

   Shawna's journey was painful and raw, but I felt like I could connect with her, understand her reasons for acting the way that she does. I loved seeing her open up to Kay, Kenny and Casey as well as a girl at school, Marta who befriends her. I also love to read about her interactions with the horses. Her journey of healing has   much to teach and gain.

I would love to hear what you think about this book and/or my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)