Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Review: A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

A Touch Mortal
A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

Eden didn’t expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else’s game. Her heart is her own.

And that’s only the beginning of the end.
Book links to and photo and teaser from Goodreads
Published in US:  May
Source: Around the World Book Tours

*My review*

 
        A Touch Mortal is a very suspenseful read. I like the main character and I connected well with her. She has a innate kindness, and sense of duty that I appreciate. I also like Kristen- her ally. She is fiery and loyal.
        The character's personalities and the pacing of the book were great though. The action explodes towards the end, and I was kept interested (if a bit confused) the whole book- I just got it today and could not put it down until I finished. 



   I would love to hear what you think of my review and/or this book.

5 comments:

  1. I love the honesty of your review! I have heard mixed things about this and I am anticipating reading it for myself. Thanks for sharing!!

    Kristen H
    My Bookish Fairy Tale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I was confused reading this, I'd just get rather cranky because that's the worst feeling. It distracts me from the read. Great honest review though, Brandi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first review of the book I have read. Thanks a lot! I was quite curious about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the honest review. l find it hard to get into a book if l am confused.
    Putting questions into the readers mind is good but not when you are also confused.
    Books For Company

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one on my list for the debut author challenge. I've been very excited about it, so it bums me out a bit that it's confusing. I hate that feeling, not really understanding what's going on, but desperately wanting to. It's like being a little kid lost in a crowd.

    Anyway, thanks for the honest review. I'll let you know what I think of it once I read it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)