Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Review: Trance by Gerber

TranceTrance by Linda Gerber

Link goes to and teaser from Goodreads.com

" It begins with a subtle vibration, a tingling.
There is time to take only one breath.
The trance begins.
When it is through, Ashlyn is certain of two things:
Someone she knows is about to die.
And she is powerless to stop it."




**My rating: 4 of 5 stars**

*My short but sweet review*


I feel like Ashlyn not only has the trances, but her life is like a trance. She feels alone- like her mother's death is her fault, and her dad and sister are lost in their own grief. Everything she does revolves around keeping people out so they don't learn her secret.
It is fun to watch as she learns more about them, how to control them and slowly slips out of the fog that is her life and begins letting people into her life again.
Gerber is great at making characters- Gina is awesome, and the relationship between Ashlyn and Jake is realistic. Feelings build up and it is no complete love at first sight, which is refreshing.
I would recommend it- good plot, great characters. Overall a pleasant and quick read.


I would love to hear what you think and if you have reviewed, feel free to leave your link and I will check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I kind of like when I know more than the protagonist - kind of like you control the book rather than the other way around.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I agree with Alison---I like knowing more than the characters too. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)