Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Review: Lies by Michael Grant

Lies by Michael Grant (book 3 of the Gone series)

Description taken from Goodreads.com:

"It happens in one night: a girl who died now walks among the living, Zil and the Human Crew set fire to Perdido Beach, and amid the flames and smoke, Sam sees the figure of the boy he fears the most - Drake. But Sam and Caine defeated him along with the Darkness - or so they thought. As Perdido Beach burns, battles rage: Astrid against the Town Council; the Human Crew versus the mutants; and Sam against Drake. And the prophetess Orsay and her companion, Nerezza, are preaching that death will set them all free. As life in the FAYZ becomes more desperate, no one knows who they can trust. "

 **My rating 3/5**
***My short but sweet Review***

While I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, this seemed to be filler. It mostly focuses on two new characters that I didn't really feel all that attached to, and the "Human Crew" which I just found annoying because we already have two protagonists. They also added in characters, that while they may play a role in the next books, really did nothing for me (the Island kids). Though, I do have to say that Astrid had a lot of self-realization in this book, and hopefully that will carry over. I will read the next book when it comes out, and hope for the series that the first two books set up.


Tell me your thoughts, I would love to hear them! If you want to link your review, I will read and comment.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but it sounds like it would be good. Thanks for the review!




    P.S. There is an award waiting for you at my blog:
    http://simmietaye.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-bodacious-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)