Friday, June 18, 2010

Review: Cold Hands, Warm Heart by Wolfson

Cold Hands, Warm Heart by Jill Wolfson

Description taken from Goodreads.com

"Dani was born with her heart on the wrong side of her body. In her fifteen years of life, she’s had more doctor’s appointments, X-rays, and tests, and eaten more green hospital Jell-O than she cares to think about. Fourteen-year-old Amanda is a competitive gymnast, her body a small package of sleek muscles, in perfect health. The two girls don’t know each other, don’t go to the same school, don’t have any friends in common. But their lives are about to collide.  Acclaimed author Jill Wolfson tackles this fascinating story with her trademark honesty and wit."

*My rating 4/5*

**My short but sweet thoughts**
This was a book about organ donation. It gave a glimpse into the donor's life before she died, the recipient of the heart, as well as the donor's brother. I liked this book, as I am a fan of this type of books. I love Lurlene McDaniel, and books about sickness and dying, so this was up my alley. I took away some points because it gets medically technical, and descriptive at a few points in the book, but it is easy to skim over those parts. There is also a bit of romance going on, which always is welcomed in my world.


Tell me your thoughts, I would love to hear them! If you want to link your review, I will read and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)